Learn the art and science, the theory and practical hands-on tactics of creating compelling communications experiences based on surveys, scientific research, public or proprietary data sources.
Join Bill Shander, LinkedIn Learning/Lynda.com’s data visualization expert and top-rated workshop presenter, as he walks through a curriculum specially designed for different members of your team. Space is limited (the event is restricted to about 30 people) – which means you have a lot of access to Bill’s expertise. In this very hands-on practical and intimate setting, you will get to do the work, not listen to lectures all day.
In individual and team exercises, you will work your way up from basic visual thinking exercises to creating full outlines and plans for static infographics, PowerPoint decks, and/or interactive data experiences. You will practice converting abstract ideas and data into visuals, allowing you to conceptualize and produce a complete idea that could be handed to a designer for collaboration and execution.
- Strategies for creating memorable and effective data visualizations, data stories and infographics for your organization
- How to think about data and the visual communication of data
- Picking the right chart for your data
- Storytelling with data
- About information hierarchy and data visualization best practices
- The neuroscience and psychology behind how your audience will receive your data visualizations
- About research into best practices for data design and communications
Who Should Attend
- Content Creators
- Content Marketers
- Public Affairs
- Public Relations
- Financial Services
- High Tech
- Professional Services
- And more – really anyone who works with and needs to communicate data. (Is there a vertical that doesn’t in today’s age?)
When & Where
300 Park Ave., Room 12G
New York, NY 10022
If you need to cancel, send an email to events[at]beehivemedia.com. Tickets are 90% refundable if you cancel at least 14 days before the event. Cancellations between 14 days and 24 hours of the event will result in a 50% refund. You can transfer your tickets to another delegate instead of cancelling – if so, please be sure to email events[at]beehivemedia.com and let us know. If Beehive Media cancels the event, you will be offered your choice between a 100% refund or the opportunity to attend another workshop. All refunds will be limited to the event registration fees. Beehive Media, LLC, is not liable for any other costs incurred.